LaBaron's Power Sports is an authorized dealer providing cylinder re-plating services (Nikasil Re-plating). We will inspect your cylinder, get it ready to ship, and provide the necessary shipping to our plating center and back. We provide nickel silicon carbide plated cylinder service for a variety of engines, including motorcycles, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, side by sides, and PWC. We focus on the power sports industry. In some cases, your cylinder can be bored if it is not plated.
- Re-plate 4-stroke single cylinder $309.95
- Examples: 150cc, 250cc, 350cc, 450cc, 525cc single cylinders
- Re-plate 2-stroke single cylinder $395.95
- Examples: 65cc, 85cc, 125cc, 250cc, 300cc, 450cc single cylinders
- Re-plate 2 Cylinder Mono Block $579.95
- Examples: Polaris 800cc, 850cc and Ski Doo 800cc, 850cc monoblock
- Re-plate Triple Cylinder $649.95
- Example: Yamaha 1000cc Triple Mono Block
- Re-Plate Inline 4 Cylinder $819.95
- Example: Yamaha RX1 Snowmobile
Note: When you send your cylinder in for re-plating be sure to pull the head studs out, remove dowels, remove power valves, scrap the gaskets off and remove anything bolted to the cylinder casting. Additional charges may occur, however, we will call you first to approve this charge.
Nikasil Plating you can Depend on
If you have a race this weekend or just a big ride, you can count on us to provide you with the best nikasil plating in the industry. Millennium Technologies provides advanced engine solutions and believes so strongly about this that they will stand behind it with a lifetime warranty on the plating service. All of that makes it tough to beat.
- Nickel silicon carbide composite coatings
- Repair or exchange of used cylinders
- Power Valve Modifications
- Big bores
- Single, Monoblock, or Inline cylinders
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I need to send my piston in with my cylinder?
A: Although, it is not mandatory, providing us with a new piston is always a good idea. By having a piston we can ensure proper finish bore size, as well as making sure that your new piston hasn’t been damaged. In most cases, we can do a cylinder to stock dimensions based on provided make, model, and year. If you would like us to provide a new aftermarket piston, simply choose the type you would like and indicate it on our work order form and send it in with your cylinder.
Q: Do I need to take my cylinder apart?
A: Please remove your head studs, dowels, intake, power valves, etc. There is an additional cost for removing and replacing these components. We can remove them, however, Labaron's Power Sports will not be held liable for any damaged or broken parts that may result from disassembly. This includes cylinder head bolts!
Q: Is there damage that can’t be fixed?
A: Most times we can fix just about anything, however, there are a few scenarios in that the damage just can’t be repaired. We recommend calling one of our technicians to discuss all of the options available.